Monday, February 24, 2014

Everybody's Doing It

I hate to be a bandwagon jumper, but I've been surfing around all the story time blogs, and I find them so helpful, I thought it only fair to share my ideas and experiences with everyone else - to be part of the team, if you will!  So - let me tell you a little about me.

I'm Tracy.  I've been working in libraries since the beginning of the decade, but only recently earned my MLIS, and I've only been at this youth librarian gig for about 3/4 of a year, but man, do I love it.  I've never done anything more rewarding, except raising my own children.  I'm lucky enough to do weekly story times with two year olds - we call them "wee wigglers" at my library.  They are too much fun.  At first I thought this age group would be challenging, and it is, but I've discovered that music makes them happy, as well as rhymes, big pictures and wiggling!  So I fill my storytimes with fun stories with bright illustrations, happy songs we can dance to and fun interactive rhymes and fingerplays.  I get ideas for all of these things from fellow librarians, many of whom I follow on  the internet.    Pinterest is my filing cabinet, and it is an invaluable tool.  If you are a youth librarian who doesn't belong to Pinterest yet, sign up!!

I'm in the process of finishing up my first year of storytimes.  I've got plenty of pictures and storytime plans to share here, and once I get them all organized I'll start posting regularly.  I'll also share all of the blogs that I find helpful.  I also hope to share other programming and early literacy related information.  Welcome to my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment